What We Do
Crane & Johnston has specialists in the following fields:
- Preparation of Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited Company, Charity, Clubs, Associations and other not-for-profit organisation statutory accounts.
- Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax. Efficient extraction of emoluments from Companies. Computer hardware and software consultancy.
- Value Added Tax.
- All aspects of Tax Planning.
- PAYE, Real Time Information (RTI), payroll, Auto-Enrolment, employee pay and conditions, Employment Law, P11D completion and advice.
- Management accounting systems, controls, cashflows, forecasts and projections.
- Computerised accounting systems.
- Pension and Retirement Planning.
- Wills - Review of content relative to financial planning.
The most obvious service we provide is that of preparing the annual Accounts. This is usually necessary to agree tax liabilities for the business. However, many of our clients treat this as secondary to the help we provide in understanding their accounts and the advice we give to help them develop their business. When dealing with local or central government departments, applying for grants or Social Security Benefits etc there is almost inevitably a form to complete. We can help you in deciding what grants, benefits or other assistance are best suited to your needs, and assist you in making applications.
We offer a free initial consultation at either your place or ours at no cost except your time.
The following are services which our clients particularly value:
Business Performance Analysis
As a matter of course, some clients where we prepare a Balance Sheet, are presented with a detailed graphical analysis of their business financial information over the last 5 years. This information compares actual figures as well as percentages and also uses similar criteria for measuring risk as used by lending institutes. It also looks at stock, debtors and creditors to ensure that optimum cashflow is achieved.
Completion of Returns for Legislation and Regulation
More and more forms in more and more complex layouts are statutorily required to be completed by very busy people running small businesses. As we are doing this work all the time, we are able to complete the forms more quickly and more accurately, reducing the risk of penalties or delays in making repayments or grants.
Employment Law Support
On a day-to-day basis we are able to advise on routine requirements of Employment Law and for more advanced situations we are associated with a national firm of Employment Law Consultants.
Data Protection Act Compliance
We are able to advise you what procedures you need to adopt to ensure you meet the Data Protection Act requirements.